Saturday, January 15, 2011

Stress & Staying Well

I have a friend whose whole family is sick. Yesterday, a coworker told me she can feel herself aching all over, getting sick. I have had a LOT going on lately, and I've gotten pretty stressed & overwhelmed. Yesterday I had two more things added to my plate for the coming week. With people getting sick around me and my history of gettting sick easily, I knew I had to take care of myself if I am going to keep functioning. I always try to eat really nutritious foods, and here's what else I do: Last night I took a hot bath with essential oils of lemon & wild orange. I took a couple of drops of each one internally, too. After my bath, I put on an essential oil blend to relax my tight shoulder & neck muscles, and I dropped some other oils on my sheet so I could breathe them through the night. I've upped my vitamin D3 dosage in order to help my immune system, and a bonus is that vitamin D3 also helps mental function & mood. I say it can't hurt! :)

p.s. I forgot to mention the B vitamins I take to help me handle stress better. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment