Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Experiment

I have been making some changes in my lifestyle (constantly) to try to improve my health, happiness, mothering ability, and just about everything else. I have tried many different "diets" (which really just means I've tried using different combinations and/or types of foods as my daily fuel). Anyhow, I have recently had reason to ponder and ask "what next?" regarding food/health/nutrition.

After a lot of thought, observation, intuition, experimentation, and some other "tion" words, I have decided to do a 13-week experiment. Are you ready? Okay.

Here's the experiment: I am going to shop for my food at Real Foods Market, and I am going to eat whatever I want to eat from there.

It may sound silly. In fact, it sounds that way when I hear myself say it out loud. Silly, or just so simple it can't really be an experiment, right? Here's the thing: They really do their homework, and they only sell the foods they believe will contribute to optimal health. At Real Foods Market, the butter is not just free of growth hormones, it is organic and cultured, and there is a grass-fed option available. There are no hormones, pesticides, refined flours, hydrogenated oils, or harmful chemicals in anything they sell. Real Foods Market sells foods that are naturally high in vitamins & minerals because of the way they are grown & produced. Every time I eat food from there, it feels really nourishing when compared to cheaper/lower-quality versions of the "same" foods bought elsewhere. (This is part of the experimentation & observation I've been doing for a while.)

I'll be putting away my scale until the end of the 13 weeks. I'll be checking my blood sugar more regularly than I have been lately. I'll be making really delicious food. And I'll see what 13 weeks brings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment