Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hi, I'm Back :)

Wow, I can't believe my last post here was a year ago. Wait, yes I can. I'm a mom, and I've had a few things to do. :) It's interesting to read the last post, because my diet has changed yet again, and it's again because of continually high blood sugar and feeling not-so-good eating carbs. I'm eating what I feel drawn to, which is currently high-fat (some of which need to come from animal sources) and no carbs except the fiber in my veggies and the lactose in the goat milk I am guzzling like crazy. That's an interesting thing: I hadn't had goat milk in years, but I bought some the other day because it sounded good when a friend mentioned it. I drank some right away, and something about it felt so wonderfully nourishing that I found myself exclaiming aloud: "NO WONDER I always wanted more milk when I was a kid!" Interesting, because I had been thinking of that childhood desire for milk a lot over the past year or so. It went like this: Every day I asked my mother for more milk - I particularly remember I always wanted some in mid-afternoon - but there wasn't enough for me to just drink it whenever I wanted it. I really felt that I missed out on something I needed, and I felt there was something important I needed to learn from the memory - a reason it has kept coming up. We had goats for several years, and we got fresh cow's milk from a neighbor when we didn't have goats. I hadn't realized that it was during our goat-keeping time that I had constantly craved the milk, but when I drank it this week, it was familiar on a level beyond my conscious memory. I have embraced the cravings, the memory, the knowing this is good for me even though I'm not completely sure why...and I am drinking goat milk as often as I want it. YUM on all levels!

No comments:

Post a Comment